Welcome to the crash-course training of SampleBoard : ) Let's get you started...
SampleBoard is devided into two sections.
- Your profile, the "admin" side. Think of it as ADMIN-MODE.
- The editor, the "creative" side. Think of it as WORK-MODE.
Your profile, the "admin" side consists of:
- My account - your subscription details and basic info
- My projects - where you create project folders to save your boards into
- My library - where you create library folders and upload/import images
The editor is where your creativity comes to life and you create sample boards.
To get started with creating awesome sample boards, simply click the button on any page or bookmark this link for future use: http://www.sampleboard.com/creator/.
#1 Build your image library
The first step to creating your mood board is to collect various images. These images could be hosted on a variety of platforms like your computer, the web, social media accounts like Pinterest, Flickr or Picasa. SampleBoard allows you to import from these platforms so that all your images are saved in one place.
- Upload your own images from your computer
- Search the web *new feature*
- Import pins from Pinterest
- Clip and save images while browsing the web
- Import your images hosted on Flickr and Picasa
- Search ColourLovers by color, pattern or palette
Once you've uploaded or imported a few pics, you will find them in the editor under the "my library" tab next to the gallery.
#2 Create your mood board
After you've built your image library, you are ready to create your first mood board. Watch this short video tutorial to get a feel for the program.
You can always begin by using our pre-designed templates to easily create a professional mood board by dragging and dropping images into your selected template layout or select the blank canvas option for more creative control.
Once you've created and saved your board, you can always go back and edit or update your board by following these steps.
To learn more about the features, functionality and tools in the editor, go here.
#3 Exporting and sharing
Get your client on the same page.
- Export your designs to your computer in PDF, JPG or PNG format
- Insert into SlideShare.net
- Share your designs on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook
- Post your design into your blog
- Publish your designs to the community for feedback and comments
- Send an email with a link, all with a few simple clicks.
- Print your design
#4 Folder management
You've got to have a place to store all your images and mood boards other than your computer. SampleBoard enables you to create and manage your projects and library folders by name and description. By creating folders, you will be able to manage your projects more efficiently and access your work and image library no matter where you are, or what machine you're using.